COPIC Medical Foundation Announces 2022 Grant Recipients
March 11, 2022by
The COPIC Medical Foundation announced that — for the second year in a row — its 2022 funding cycle focused on initiatives designed to reduce fragmentation across care settings. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization affiliated with COPIC family of companies, the COPIC Medical Foundation supports organizations and initiatives that improve health care outcomes, patient safety and quality of care.
A top concern in patient safety, breakdowns in care from a fragmented healthcare system can lead to readmissions, missed diagnoses, medication errors, delayed treatment, duplicative testing and procedures, and reduction in quality of care leading to general patient and provider dissatisfaction.
The 2022 group of COPIC Medical Foundation grantees include five organizations of varied size and scope that impact healthcare in communities across the country. The COPIC Medical Foundation awarded $680,000 in grant money this year. Grants will support the following projects:
- Bryan Health Connect (Nebraska) to expand Bamboo Health clinical event notification system to additional locations across Nebraska.
- West Mountain Regional Health Alliance (Colorado) for the Community Resource Network West Mountain, a social information exchange platform in western Coloradothat will facilitate a care coordination effort to support individuals experiencing homelessness with coordination by hospitals, health and behavioral health providers, community organizations, and government agencies.
- Providence Portland Medical Foundation (Oregon) and the Oregon Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) Registry will partner to build a bi-directional interface which integrates Providence'sEpic electronic health record with the Registry.
- Minnesota Medical Association Foundation's (Minnesota) Project EHCO focuses on the challenge of transitioning youth with medical complexity to adult care.
- Children's Hospital Colorado (Colorado) will implement the ImPACT Navigation Hub, which provides comprehensive care coordination for complex pediatric patients as they transition to adult care.
“The COPIC Medical Foundation is proud to support those in health care who are making a difference and pushing innovative ideas forward,” said Meredith Hintze, Executive Director of the COPIC Medical Foundation. “Our grant funding helps support solutions that can improve patient safety in ways that can be replicated across health care and/or create additional opportunities for expanded applications.”