Physicians’ Reciprocal Insurers to Present Webinar “How to Respond to Document Requests, Audits and Overpayment Demands”
June 10, 2019by
Physicians' Reciprocal Insurers (PRI) announced an upcoming, June 25, webinar on "How to Respond to Document Requests, Audits and Overpayment Demands."
Presented in partnership with Frier Levitt, a national healthcare law firm, this webinar will provide valuable information for both physicians and practices on how to mitigate the risk of, and respond to audit notices, document requests, and overpayment demands. Knowing what to expect and understanding the best course of action can help protect your professional license, save money, and avoid litigation.
The webinar will be hosted by Guillermo J. Beades, Esq., senior counsel for Frier Levitt's Healthcare Litigation Department. Beades has extensive litigation experience within the healthcare field including litigating before state licensing authorities, federal healthcare agencies and state healthcare agencies.
According to PRI, this webinar will take you through the process of what to do when receiving a request or demand from a government agency or private payor, which will include:
• How to identify if a document request is problematic
• Current audit trends with a focus on the codes, modifiers, and procedures that are a substantial risk for triggering an audit
• How to formulate an action plan to respond to audits and document demands
• How physicians and practices can protect themselves and low lower the risk of adverse audit findings
• Identifying common pitfalls and how to avoid them
This free webinar will take place on Tuesday, June 25, from 2-3 p.m. To register for this event please use this Registration Link.
For additional information, please contact Katherine Guglielmo at KGuglielmo@frierlevitt.com.