NORCAL Group Foundation Awards Nine Grants Focused on Improving Health & Wellness
February 7, 2019by
The NORCAL Group Foundation, dedicated to improving healthcare in local communities, announced its largest group of grant recipients to date. Nine organizations have been awarded funding for initiatives and programs focused on patient care, patient safety and physician wellness:
• Anchorage Project Access (Anchorage, AK)
• Beacon Clinic for Health and Hope (Harrisburg, PA)
• Champions for Health (San Diego, CA)
• Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society (Harrisburg, PA)
• Fresno Madera Medical Society – Joy of Medicine (Fresno, CA)
• Pediatric and Family Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA)
• Ravenswood Family Health Center (East Palo Alto, CA)
• Sacramento El Dorado Medical Society: Community Service, Education and Research Fund
• Sierra Community Medical Foundation (Rocklin, CA)
“This grant cycle we were pleased to support several organizations that are developing and implementing programs to address physician burnout, as this issue continues to be a growing concern within the medical community,” said Julie Burns, president of the NORCAL Group Foundation. “We’re also delighted to be able to assist several groups providing healthcare services to low-income and underserved members of the community, and we are impressed with the work that they’re doing.”
The NORCAL Group Foundation has supported 15 programs in five states since its inception and is working continually to expand its reach.
The next grant cycle opens March 1. Interested applicants should visit www.norcalgroupfoundation.org for information and application requirements.