AM Best to Host Webinar on the State of the Medical Professional Liability Market
April 19, 2021by
AM Best will host a complimentary webinar exploring the state of the medical professional liability (MPL) insurance market on Thursday, May 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. (EDT). AM Best analytic personnel and insurance industry leaders will examine MPL insurers’ underwriting and operating results, pandemic-related challenges in the healthcare industry, and regulatory and industry developments.
. AM Best has a negative market segment outlook on the MPL insurance market, as explained in AM Best’s annual report on MPL insurers. This segment could be facing one of its most difficult periods in the last decade or more, partly due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During the event, the panel will discuss the present day and potential future impacts of the pandemic on MPL insurers.
Register now at www.ambest.com/webinars/MPLI21.
· Sharon Marks, associate director, AM Best;
· David Blades, associate director, AM Best;
· Brian Atchinson, president & chief executive officer, MPL Association;
· Timothy J. Kenesey, president & chief executive officer, MedPro Group;
· William J. McDonough, president & chief executive officer, Constellation.
Attendees can submit questions during registration or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The event will be streamed in video and audio formats, and playback will be available to registered viewers shortly after the event.